Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random & Right Now

What happened to February? I think I blinked and POOF! it's now March.

I've been incredibly busy with work the past 6-8 weeks now and am ready to do a mandatory slow down. It's hard to cope with all the stuff that life is when things get unbalanced. The scales have been tipped WAY too far over into work. With the economy the way it is, I worry about making sure I do everything I can to keep my job and my work as good as it can be. I think though even with putting in too much effort, I ended up with things that fell through the cracks and didn't get done. So, my efforts were, well, just efforts. So, I am taking the pressure off and just doing what I can within a reasonable time frame called a "work day".

Right now I feel like I'm missing a lot of things. Missing the emotional connection with all that I care about in this funny little world. I miss my kids, my hubby, my friends, my scrap paper & glue, my camera, a clean house, control over the things I can control (are there any?!), warm weather, walks in the neighborhood, and hearing the voices on the phone of those I care most about. Hi Mom! :)

I have Spring Fever like nobody's business. I want a new hair cut. One that has swish and swagger. Color that is bright for the season. I'm ready for light colors & fabrics. Please come, spring - and soon!

March is reading month - I'm sure all parents out there with kids in school or teachers can relate. So, what are you reading? I'm reading Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. Yep, the Twilight series. The third book. I'm not sure why I keep reading them. The plot is not thick, the writing is not clever, and the characters are just ok. I'm a sucker for a happy ending when it comes to love. Will Edward & Bella's love be everlasting? Hehe. Probably not but I'll read these books any way. Just in time for Spring & Summer when I can breeze through some more intensely interesting and lovely. Maybe. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have been in such need of an Emily fix! I too am ready for spring to come.. :)
I can't think of the title of the book I am reading, it is not that good.. can ya tell... but I am going to finish it!
Miss you, love ya!
Cat

Angela said...

Good to hear from ya. Sounds like you need a little scrap time. :)

I need to find a good book to read right now, probably something by Nora Roberts. Guess that means I need to hit the bookstore today.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Unknown said...

Oh my god, you ARE alive!

I just finished reading a memoir about the life of a wilderness guide in Alaska, The Blue Bear. It was good--made me cry. Well, I'm pregnant, so that's not hard, but it was a compelling story and well written.