Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthdays!






Megan turned 6 yesterday. Wow. Was all that really 6 years ago already? I am always amazed at how fast that happens. *blink* Ok, whew, she's still six.
We bought her a fish tank. Surprised anyone that that would be what she wanted? I thought not. ;) She brought brownies to share with her classmates and decided on Applebee's for dinner. We had the wait staff sing to her and she was so shy about it! LOL She ordered a chocolate sundae for dessert to discover that it wasn't chocolate. It was vanilla ice ream with chocolate sauce. She was so incredibly disappointed. Ok, my baby CANNOT be disappointed on her birthday. So, we went to DQ and got a chocolate ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. She was renewed in delight. Ahhh the birthday spoils are good, aren't they? She is having a sleepover party with friends on Sat. I'll take some cute pics and share then.
Kevin turns 37 today. Wow, is he not liking his birthdays. I surprised him with an MP3 player. (Of course I gave it to him early, silly!) I wanted to get him something he wanted but would never buy for himself. :) It'll be no big fuss for him since it's also dance class night. Ah well, this is the disappointing part about birthdays when you get older. The responsibilities never cease just because the calendar shows that you're a year older. I will make my first bundt cake tonight, though, for him. Only because, well, my baby CANNOT be disappointed on his birthday! Marble cake with chocolate drizzle. Yum.

I need to post also about the Week in the Life project. I am pulling together my notes/journaling since I was not good at writing at all. I took about 200 pics though throughout the week. I am planning on completing an 8 x 8 album to document all of this and hopefully can do this again next year. I miss my camera this week...I thought I'd share a few more photos and then I'll begin to share the progress of pulling it all together. I'm hoping Ali's blog today will be filled with inspiration. I just know it will.
Photos are: Friday- waving as we do every morning from the door at child care before school. Me at my desk at work. Saturday- Fish tank is ready for fish. Megan is just captivated. Me getting ready to go out with friends. Sunday - laundry. Bah.
What are you up to this week? Any thoughts on what activities are good for young ladies at a sleepover?

No comments: