Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome, October!






Oh how I love October. It's tied neck & neck with May. Both months have birthdays for my darlings but besides that, the weather is perfection. No central air or heat necessary and it's awesome to be outside! I am looking forward to both Megan's & Kevin's birthdays, Harvest Happenings at Hess-Hathaway park, Diehl's Cider Mill, Halloween and anything in between. I've packed my capris and flip flops and have brought out the sweaters and ahhh, boots. Not the big winter weather yucks, but the fancy black knee high ones and the high heel shorties to wear under pants. I'm ready October!


Today is mid-week for my week in the life project and I feel terrible that the journaling isn't going as well as I'd planned. I am determined to get caught up with my notes today. The pages will be nothing without it! I do have a bazillion pictures. I took my camera to work yesterday and took lots of photos. From the top, this is my morning routine. Coffee (one at home, one to go), ironing something to wear, a view of my shoes surrounded by already falling leaves, myself in the car driving, and Zone 2 is the view from my parking space when I arrived at work. Dontcha love the barbed wire? It's the part of my job that I dislike and try to overlook. Many days though I will admit, it doesn't blend in as well as it should. Not sure how many of the ugly Highland Park pics I'll add to this project, but I took a few yesterday and should do a layout with my thoughts on how seeing such an environment on a daily basis affects me.


On a lighter note, don't forget to check your new October forecast on http://www.astrologyzone.com/ as Susan Miller is the best there is. It's like unwrapping a gift every month. Ok, a bit dramatic, I know, but it's true for me. ;) I do so like to peek ahead and this is my little dose of what to expect.


Take a good look around today and soak in all that it is. ~ Emily

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love those shoes!!

I'm with you, too--I've always loved fall. Even in CA, I'm getting my wardrobe ready for weather in the forties and fifties.

And I can't believe you iron every morning. Yikes!