Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Routine, not mundane. ;)


Yes, some routines are very mundane. As I scrapped over the weekend about my routine from the photos I took while doing the WITL project, I realized that parts of my everyday routine are comfortable, welcome, and on some days, a cherished act. Mine is showering. I love to take showers. I'm not a sit and soak in the bathtub kinda girl. Nope, I love the feel of the warm hot water pouring over my head and curling around me. I love the smell of the shampoo and soap, and best of all is when it's time to turn off the water and I bury my face in a clean, fluffy towel. Aaaahhh the spoils of the day. When something happens and you don't get to take a shower - like a power outage or if you've been sick for a day or two or you have a newborn - that routine thing can mean so much. Sometimes my best thoughts come to me while I'm shaving my legs. Sometimes I am singing and sometimes I am interrupted by family that need something at that particular moment. That's ok and they know I will forgive their interruption. Sometimes I'm gathering the courage to put on a great presentation at work. Sometimes, I get an extra five minutes to languish. So today I am quietly celebrating my shower taking haveeverythingplacedonthesinkwaitingforitsturnhopethedayisasrefreshingasIfeelrightnowkindaday routine. What do you enjoy during the regular steps of your day that refresh your soul?

No comments: